Maria Droste Counseling Center is open and accepting new clients via telehealth. To find a therapist, call our Intake office: 303-867-4600 or email Intake@MariaDroste.org.
As of Monday, March 16, 2020 MDCC’s physical offices are open by appointment only. Please contact your therapist directly to schedule an appointment. We are able to offer telehealth/remote sessions. Talk with your therapist regarding these meeting options.
We will continue to monitor the situation and update this page accordingly with new details. Please continue to refer to the CDC guidelines for the most up to date information.
To find a therapist, call our Intake office: 303-867-4600 or email Intake@MariaDroste.org.
COVID-19 Community Resources:
Emergency funds, resources and other updates from The Colorado Health Foundation:
Compiled from our valued partners at Denver Victim Services Advocacy Network (DVSN):
- Service and tip workers fund
- Front Range Mutual Aid request form
- Denver Metro Emergency Food Network (Meal Delivery): Sign up and share with those in need. We serve a 15 mile radius around the City and County of Denver.
- Expanded Unemployment claims in Colorado
- One tip was to hit “save progress” button often because it has been crashing A LOT with the increased traffic
- Food pantries in Denver (updated in real time with closures and how to access)
- SAME Café (on Colfax): Expanding their hours from 11am-4pm serving to-go meals, regardless of ability to pay
- Denver Metro Emergency Food Network (Meal Delivery): If you are an organization looking for support please send us a spreadsheet of those in need and we can work on getting meals delivered. Sign up and share with those in need. We serve a 15 mile radius around the City and County of Denver.
- Metro Caring
- Servicios de La Raza: Will remain open on Mondays and Wednesdays, by appointment only. Victim Services available via phone and video call.
Comprehensive Resource Lists
- COLOR (Colorado Organization for Latina Opportunity and Reproductive Rights)
- Denver COVID Resources
- Denver Department of Public Health and Environment: Covid Resources for the Denver Community
Resources for Children
- WHO Helping Children Cope with Stress During Coronavirus(English-only flyer, but similar information available on website in Spanish, Russian, French, Chinese, Arabic)
- Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope with the Coronavirus Disease (English, Spanish, Chinese)
Managing stress during the COVID Outbreak
- WHO Coping with Stress During COVID Outbreak (English, Spanish, French, Russian, Chinese, Arabic)
- CDC Managing Stress and Anxiety During Coronavirus (English, Spanish)
- SAMHSA Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health: Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine and Isolation during an Infectionus Disease Outbreak (English, Spanish)
Coping with sheltering at home
- Red Cross Coping with Sheltering at Home During COVID 19 (Spanish)
Dealing with thoughts of suicide
Recognizing signs of stress, anxiety and depression
- What is Mental Illness (links to flyers in Amharic, Oromo, Somali, Tigrinya)
- What Is Depression (English, Vietnamese)
- What is Anxiety and PTSD (22 languages)
Helplines to connect with mental health support and assistance
- SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline: call 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746. Toll-free, multilingual, and confidential crisis support service is available to all residents in the United States and its territories. Stress, anxiety, and other depression-like symptoms are common reactions after a disaster. Recommended by CDC.
- National Suicide Prevention Line: 1-800-273-8255.
- Georgia Crisis & Access Line (GCAL): 1-800-715-4225 (Uses a language line to provide services in multiple languages)
If you would like to speak to a therapist about this subject or about any other issue you may be experiencing, contact the Maria Droste Access Center at 303-867-4600.
Get Informative Posts like this Sent to Your Inbox
Maria Droste posts regularly on helpful mental health and wellness subjects like the one you just read. We send these out in our free monthly newsletter. Subscribe today and get informative reads like this sent straight to your inbox.